The Helena Fire Department says five people were taken to a hospital Thursday night for suspected carbon monoxide at Jorgenson's Inn and Suites in Helena.
Emergency crews were called to the hotel at 1714 11th Avenue at around 8:00 p.m.
According to Helena Fire Department Battalion Chief Neil Koeheler, the carbon monoxide leak appears to have been in the basement around the pool area.
The hotel was evacuated; there were approximately four rooms occupied at the time.
People in the hotel were evacuated to the adjoining restaurant.
Koeheler says there is no immediate word on the condition of those taken to the hospital.
The cause of the CO leak is being investigated; NorthWestern Energy is at the scene to assist.
Koehler says they are currently waiting for the CO to clear out.
- Woman dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Bozeman
- Valley County man died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning
- Pelican Point deaths appear to be carbon monoxide poisoning
- Protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning
We will update you when we get more information.