The 120th Airlift Wing of the Montana Air National Guard will conduct flyovers of many Montana communities on Wednesday to salute healthcare providers and first responders.
The event is similar to other displays of appreciation by military personnel in other states during the COVID-19 pandemic, including one in Arizona several days ago that included a Great Falls High School graduate in a fighter jet ( details ).
“The Montana National Guard salutes each Montanan serving on the frontlines in our fight against COVID-19,” said Colonel Buel Dickson, commander of the 120th Airlift Wing. “These flyovers are a small gesture of appreciation to the heroes across the state. You epitomize the ethos as Montanans helping Montanans. We are indebted to your service and appreciate your efforts in trying to keep our state safe.”
The event begins in Great Falls with a two-ship flyover of Benefis Health System. The planes will then split off, with one taking an eastern route and the other covering the western part of Montana. Together they are scheduled to fly over more than 20 cities and towns, focusing on healthcare facilities in the regions they visit.
The two C-130 cargo planes are scheduled to be overhead in the following locations at these times:
- Great Falls- 10:15 Benefis Health System
- Lewistown- 10:35 Central Montana Medical Center
- Havre- 10:40 Northern Montana Hospital
- Shelby- 11:00 Marias Medical Center
- Harlem- 11:05 Indian Health Service
- Browning- 11:15 Blackfeet Community Hospital
- Columbia Falls- 11:35
- Whitefish- 11:40 Glacier Medical Associates
- Wolf Point- 11:40 Northeast Montana Health Services
- Kalispell- 11:45 Kalispell Regional Healthcare
- Glendive- 11:55 Glendive Medical Center
- Polson- 11:55 Providence Health & Services, Montana
- Ronan- 12:00
- Missoula- 12:15 Providence Health & Services
- Miles City- 12:15 Holy Rosary Healthcare
- Butte- 12:40 St. James Healthcare
- Hardin- 12:40 Big Horn County Memorial Hospital
- Billings- 12:50 St. Vincent Healthcare
- Helena- 12:55 St. Peter's Health
- Livingston- 1:10 Livingston HealthCare
- Bozeman- 1:20 Bozeman Health
The MT ANG notes that the times are subject to change, and says that "the flyovers are conducted at no additional cost to the taxpayer and serve as training for our pilots."