HELENA — There were 1,247 new COVID-19 cases reported in Montana in the Monday update with a current total of 11,007 active cases in the state, according to the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services (DPHHS).
There were 10,817 active cases in Montana reported on Friday.
Information from DPHHS at this point does not include data on whether new cases occurred among vaccinated or unvaccinated people.
The number of Montanans who have died due to COVID-19 is now 1,973 an increase of 28 since the total reported on Friday, according to DPHHS.
The number of people currently hospitalized due to COVID-19 is 415, a drop of one since Friday. The cumulative number of hospitalizations in Montana due to the virus is 7,445.
An estimated 53% of eligible residents are now vaccinated, with 485,319 Montanans now considered fully vaccinated. If you want to get vaccinated, contact your county health department, or click here.
Counties with the most new cases
- Missoula County Cases: 13,199 Total | 161 New | 1,527 Active
- Yellowstone County Cases: 23,405 Total | 126 New | 2,556 Active
- Gallatin County Cases: 17,823 Total | 114 New | 832 Active
- Lewis and Clark County Cases: 9,005 Total | 102 New | 587 Active
- Cascade County Cases: 12,798 Total | 89 New | 1,133 Active
- Ravalli County Cases: 4,341 Total | 88 New | 523 Active
- Flathead County Cases: 16,791 Total | 71 New | 906 Active
- Lincoln County Cases: 2,829 Total | 59 New | 336 Active
- Silver Bow County Cases" 4,980 Total | 51 New | 213 Active
- Lake County Cases: 3,060 Total | 44 New | 287 Active
There have been 147,287 cumulative cases of COVID in Montana. The cumulative number of recoveries is now 134,307. There have been 12,605 COVID tests administered since Friday.
The information above is from the DPHHS website and is current as of Monday, Sept. 27, 2021. The state website has county-specific data on vaccination rates, new/total cases, and more.