With ballots arriving in mailboxes and Election Day just a few weeks away, we wanted to provide you with a single page where you can learn about the issues and races impacting Montana.
The MTN 2020 Election Guide provides key dates and deadlines that are important to remember leading up to Nov. 3. It also has links to help you register to vote, sign up for a mail or absentee ballot, and details about early in-person voting.
The MTN Guide to Election 2020
To help voters learn more about the candidates on the ballot this year, MTN hosted a series of debates with federal and statewide candidates. You can find links to the hour-long, MTN 2020 Vote debates here:
- 2020 Vote: The Montana US Senate Candidate Debate
- 2020 Vote: The Montana Governor's Candidate Debate
- 2020 Vote: The Montana US House Candidate Debate
MTN also hosted half-hour debates with statewide candidates on our weekly "Face the State" program. You can find those debates here:
- Face the State: The Race for MT Secretary of State
- Face the State: The Race for MT Attorney General
- Face the State: The Race for MT State Auditor
- Face the State: The Race for MT Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Face the State: The Race for MT Supreme Court Justice
You can watch these debates online and on-demand on the KBZK streaming app. The app is available to download on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.
Watch KBZK on your favorite streaming device
Montanans will also vote on two ballot measures that would legalize the recreational use of marijuana. Follow MTN's statewide coverage of the ballot measures here:
- MT voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana
- Report highlights potential economic impact if MT voters approve recreational marijuana
- Montana marijuana legalization opponents want pro-legalization group to reveal donors
- Public lands groups back Montana marijuana initiatives
KBZK and MTN have also partnered with ProPublica's Electionland.
ProPublica is a nonprofit investigative news organization; Electionland is a coalition of newsrooms around the U.S. investigating issues related to voter registration, pandemic-related changes to voting, the shift to vote-by-mail, cybersecurity, voter education, misinformation, and more.
You can help us — tell us if you experienced or witnessed any problems when casting your ballot. Text the word VOTE to 81380 to sign up, or visit our website for more information. Other ways you can connect with Electionland include:
- WhatsApp: Send the word VOTE, VOTA (for Spanish) or 投票 (for Chinese) to 1-850-909-8683.
- Facebook Messenger: Go to m.me/electionland.
- Complete this form to share your election experience with us so ProPublica and our partners can investigate.
Bookmark this page and return to it any time between now and Nov. 3 to review updated stories on candidates, issues, and voter resources.