In a press conference updating media members on the events of the Aug. 4 mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, police chief Richard Biehl said the Dayton police department was updating the casualty count of those injured or killed by gunshots to 26.
Previously, police had said that nine people were killed and 14 people were injured by gunshot wounds. Police now say 17 suffered gunshot injuries.
The count does not include those who suffered injuries while trying to escape the gunman.
During Tuesday's press conference Biehl walked media members through an updated timeline of the shooting. He also shared new video that showed the suspect, Connor Betts, in the moments before the shooting.
Later in the press conference, Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley addressed President Donald Trump's visit to the city last Wednesday, calling it "not helpful."
"I think the victims in the hospital appreciated the President of the United States coming. I think the first responders appreciated it," Whaley said. "I think it was difficult on the community because everyone has such strong feelings about the President both positive and negative. So when we talk about bringing the community together, he's not helpful there."
Whaley and Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) met with Trump during his visit. Hours after departing, Trump tweeted that the two had "misrepresented" his trip during a press conference.