NewsLocal News


Fire official: Big Sky house fire, explosion likely sparked by gas leak

Posted at 9:00 AM, Mar 30, 2024
and last updated 2024-04-01 20:44:45-04

BIG SKY — A house fire in Big Sky that left a woman with "severe burn injuries" was likely sparked by a gas leak fire officials say.

Big Sky Fire Deputy Fire Chief Seth Barker told MTN News on Friday afternoon, that witnesses saw the windows and door at the residence in Big Sky blow out of the back of the house.

The woman was airlifted to a hospital in Idaho Falls. Her condition remains unknown at this time.

The fire remains under investigation.

This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.


Woman injured in Big Sky house explosion, fire