Rental car companies are planning to start operations at the new parking garage at Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport Thursday evening.
Rental cars will start being moved into the garage on Thursday. The paid parking portion for BZN passengers will hopefully be completed by the middle of July, while the entire project is aiming to be completed by early August.
90 percent of the garage will be for the rental companies, while the other 10 percent will serve for paid parking which is how the project is being funded.
“90 percent through the rental car customers and airport funding directly from our passengers and use of the airport is paying the remaining 10 percent. And that will pay for the paid parking section,” Airport Director Brian Sprenger said.
Though most of the new parking garage will be for these rental car companies, it still provides a lot of benefits to the valley that you might not think of.
“As the airport grows, parking has to go further and further from the airport if we remain on the ground level. So as we move forward, we’ll see parking start to go up just because of the distances to and from the terminal. There’s a logical distance or an acceptable distance that people will accept before they start saying that’s way too far in the middle of winter.” said Sprenger.
Not to mention how important rental car customers are at the airport.
“Their passengers provide our single largest revenue source, so they’re seeing definite long-term potential at the airport here, and the investment in the facilities is part of that,” Sprenger said.