NewsLocal News


Billings West End home burnt in Sunday night fire

None were injured
Posted at 10:37 PM, Dec 22, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-23 19:45:54-05

No one was injured after a fire was sparked in the chimney area of a Billings home at 2242 S. 45th St. W. at about 8: 30 p.m. Sunday.

A family that was inside the home when the fire started got out safe.

According to Billings Fire Battalion Chief Darrek Mitchell, it is unknown if the fire was sparked from electrical wiring on the exterior of the home, or from a fire already burning in the fireplace.

Mitchell said firefighters found the chimney of the home to be clean and free of debris.

Investigators with the Billings Fire Department will work to pin down a more specific cause.

Four fire engines, one truck company, and one battalion chief were sent to fight the fire, Mitchell said. The first engine arrived at the home within 10 minutes.

Crews cut through both the interior and exterior walls of the home around the chimney to make sure there were no hot spots.