Quantcast

Helena man honored as Firefighter of the Year - KBZK.com | Continuous News | Bozeman, Montana

Helena man honored as Firefighter of the Year

Posted: Updated:

HELENA - Helena firefighter Robbie Bennett was honored on Thursday as the Helena Exchange Club's Firefighter of the Year. 

According to Helena Fire Chief Mark Emert, Bennett has been an exceptional firefighter in the early stages in his career.

The honor is one of several public service awards handed out by the Helena Exchange Club every year.

Robbie Bennett was accompanied by his family and said he is grateful for the honor.

"I'm proud and it's humbling, a lot of great guys in this department it could have gone to, I'm just humbled it went to me," he said. "It's awesome to just show up to work with a great group of guys that are here, have your back, and kind of your family away from your family too." 

The Helena Exchange Club gave Bennett $500 to give to his charity of choice. The Helena Fire Department also received $500.

WEATHER
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Our Apologies

    The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your

    You have reached a page which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page

  • UPDATE: Two injured in Ennis shooting

    UPDATE: Two injured in Ennis shooting

    Monday, February 19 2018 9:44 PM EST2018-02-20 02:44:40 GMT

    The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting that happened Monday. 

    The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting that happened Monday. 

  • Small fire snuffed out at Bozeman Post Office

    Small fire snuffed out at Bozeman Post Office

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 5:16 PM EST2018-02-20 22:16:16 GMT

    A small fire was quickly knocked down Tuesday afternoon at the US Post Office on Baxter Lane in Bozeman. The fire in a storage room was reportedly sparked by a small lawn tractor used for snow removal. 

    A small fire was quickly knocked down Tuesday afternoon at the US Post Office on Baxter Lane in Bozeman. The fire in a storage room was reportedly sparked by a small lawn tractor used for snow removal. 

Powered by Frankly

© KBZK.com 2018, KBZK.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?