Quantcast

Butte Fire Department rescues dog stuck in wheel - KBZK.com | Continuous News | Bozeman, Montana

Butte Fire Department rescues dog stuck in wheel

Posted: Updated:
Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department shared this photo of Blaze. Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department shared this photo of Blaze.
Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department
BUTTE -

An inquisitive dog named Blaze got into a very tight squeeze on Monday in Butte.

While his owner was away for a few hours, the eight-month old dog managed to get his head through the hole of a wheel - but then became stuck.

Blaze's owner contacted St. Frances Veterinary Hospital, who in turn called Butte-Silver Bow firefighters for some expert extrication assistance.

In a Facebook post, Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department said that Rescue Unit No. 1 responded and was closely followed by the Fire Marshal’s vehicle.

Getting Blaze out of the predicament required "a lot of coconut oil, patience, a lot of ear tucking, and some powerful skin-pulling" - and "Firefighter Zach Osborne's brute strength." 

Firefighters say that Blaze had some swelling on his neck, but otherwise is doing fine.

The Fire Department noted: "Hopefully this was a valuable lesson for young Blaze, and we won’t have to respond to any more menacing incidents involving this playful puppy." 

Top Trending Videos

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KBZK.com 2018, KBZK.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?