Montana News

Oct 26, 2013 2:45 PM by Dax VanFossen - MTN News

Propane tank caused Evergreen explosion that burned 3 people

EVERGREEN - Two adults and a child were severely burned when their motorhome exploded in the Evergreen area on Wednesday.

George, who asked we not give his last name, owns the property where the blast took place.

He recalled, "[I] saw three people flying through the wall of the motor home, and the back end of the motor home flipped up in the air - and the back wall. And a chunk of glass flew clear...way over there, and they're screaming," George recalled.

He tried to help the father, wife, and son - and also tried to put out the fire, which he says was by then engulfed and being fueled by a propane tank.

The Evergreen Fire Department led the emergency response, and officials say they have learned that the cause of the blast was due to a propane leak.

The three family members hurt in the explosion were originally scheduled to be airlifted to Seattle Harborview medical center, but fog prevented them from landing and they were taken to a Portland hospital.

Their names have not been released at this time.

Related Stories

  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4