Posted: Aug 21, 2012 11:03 PM by Judy Slate
Updated: Aug 22, 2012 8:28 AM
Firefighters responded to a fire on South 19th Tuesday night.
The call came in around 6:30 p.m. when a neighbor spotted flames coming out of a structure at 9287 South 19th.
About half a dozen engines from Rae Sourdough showed up. It turned out to be a shop with an apartment on fire. Crews were able to put out the fire quickly. Firefighters say the occupant had been burning weeds earlier in the day with a propane torch. He thought the fire was out and left. That's when the fire spread to the building.
Firefighters want to remind people that Gallatin County is still under a stage one burn ban. No open fires are allowed.