Montana News

Feb 18, 2013 2:20 PM by KXLF

Butte YMCA evacuated due to natural gas odor

BUTTE - The YMCA was evacuated Monday morning after occupants smelled a natural gas odor.

The odor was coming from the northwest corner of the building, according to the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department. Three fire trucks from the city and three from Boulevard Volunteer Fire Department responded.

There were too many people to count when the building was evacuated, according to a YMCA representative. They all quickly left the scene when they exited the building.

NorthWestern Energy responded to survey the area. Officials with the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department said the scene was safe after 20 minutes. People were allowed to enter the building.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4