Nov 25, 2013 6:43 PM by KBZK News
Bozeman's Christmas Stroll celebrates 33 years of fun
The annual Bozeman Christmas Stroll is planned for Saturday, Dec. 7 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Many activities, including hay rides, pictures with Santa, a gingerbread house contest, lighting of downtown decorations, singing of carols, food and fun will be offered for strollers.
Below is a general schedule of Downtown Stroll events:
- *4:00 PM - A ONE-WAY Hay Wagon Ride from the Bozeman Public Library to Rouse and Main Street.
- 4:00 to 7:30 PM Wells Fargo (211 West Main Street) is displaying the 2013 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners.
- 4:30 PM Santa leaves the Emerson Center, meets the Hay Wagon at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Main Street, and leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street to Rouse Avenue
- 4:30 - 7:30 PM Main Street is filled with over 40 food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations, live music and carolers and other festive activities.
- 4:30 -7:30 PM Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun of all sorts
- 4:30 - 7:30 PM Visit the Live Nativity, MSU Drive Team Horses and additional activities on the corner of Rouse and Main Street!
- 4:30 - 7:30 PM Visit Bridger Bowl located at South Bozeman Avenue to view ski films on a Big Inflatable Screen and to learn about what's new and what's planned for this year's ski season!
- *5:00 - 7:30 PM Round-trip Hay Wagon rides at Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) along with complimentary "Hot Dr. Pepper" drinks provided by Lehrkind's Coca Cola.
- *5:00 - 7:30 PM Santa Pictures at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography.
- *5:00 - 7:00 PM Enjoy kid's activities in the Baxter Ballroom while waiting for your picture with Santa
- *5:00 - 7:30PM Bozeman's Symphonic Choir performs traditional Holiday Carols in the Baxter Ballroom.
- *Denotes activities that require a 2013 Stroll Button for ONLY $4!
The Christmas Stroll is a free community event that is 100% supported by business sponsors and the sales of button souvenirs.
The $4 Stroll button allows the public to enjoy many activities including the Santa pictures at the Baxter Hotel, the hay wagon rides form Soroptimist Park, kid's activities throughout the day at the Emerson Cultural Center and more.
Buttons are now available for purchase at the following locations:
- Owenhouse Ace Hardware
- First Security Bank
- Chalet Sports
- Schnee's Boots and Shoes
- The Emerson Cultural Center
- The Bozeman Public Library
- The Leaf & Bean
- Montana Gift Corral
- Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
- Country Bookshelf
- ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center
- Heeb's Grocery
- Community Food Coop Downtown
- Smith's Supermarket
For more information about the 2013 Christmas Stroll, contact The Downtown Bozeman Association at 586-4008 or visit www.downtownbozeman.org.